Screen printing form is a ready-to-print template consisting of a frame, sieve fabric and a copy layer. The correct manufacture of screen printing is the main condition for maximum productivity, high quality and cost-effectiveness of screen printing. Regardless of technology, the main task of printing is to transfer the image to a material with perfect reproduction of the original.
Screen printing form must meet the following requirements:
* maximum image accuracy
* the possibility of using large print runs
* resistance to printing inks and reagents
* simple mold manufacturing technology
* the possibility of regeneration when re-applying the mesh
* Printing plates are divided into two groups: printing plates made by hand, and printing plates made by the photomechanical method.
Hand-made screen printing forms are of little use, since their visual capabilities are limited. Photomechanical printing forms are made in a direct, indirect and combined way.